Saturday 28 March 2015

IT'S A BLUSHER DUPE





Above: Soap and Glory.  Below: Burberry

By now you should know all too well that I'm a blusher addict.  My goal is to own blusher by every single makeup brand that I can get, possible.

Recently, as I switch up my blushers to my everyday makeup drawer.  I noticed that two blushers that stand out to me that could be a dupe!

Burberry Beauty Fresh Glow Blusher in Pink Peony No. 2. comes in a rather cute and chic, dark silvery packaging.  It looks so mini that it's perfect to throw in your handbag and for travelling.  The colour in the tube comes in quite a pretty bright pink.  However when it swatches on the hand, the colour hardly becomes visible, but as a very pale pink; nothing like how it looks on the tube.  Saying that, you can really build up the colour from pale, to light, to a lightly flustered pop of pink on your cheeks.  I love wearing it when I have a dark smokey eye makeup going on or on days when I just want a touch of pale pink on my cheeks.  Using the fingers to apply this gives you only an OKAY result by that I meant you are just going to waste your time on this because it's never going to provide you the intensity of colour you want.  However, using a stippling brush gives you an air-brush finish of a blusher.  If you are normally a heavy-handed makeup lady, then you are not going to be worried about this as this will not cause any problem at all.  This blusher really is a weird one as everyone seems to love products that are pigmented rather than gives you no colour pay off, but this one is for those who like those 'no makeup makeup' routine kind of gal.  If you want something quite out there and only wants to pay under £10, then the dupe of this blusher (see below) will be what's in for you.

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Blusher in Berry Jam is a bright fuchsia pink.  It looks like such a spring appropriate blusher colour.  It comes in a tube form, in quite a chubby tube which makes the packaging looks so cute; and it's one of the reasons why I was attracted to buy it! One swipe of this gives you a highly pigmented colour.  The formula is slightly on the drying side though, it almost dries as a powder finish.  I must say it's not an easy to blend product which I've tried using my fingers and a stippling brush.  It's so pigmented that the colour stays so well that made it almost impossible to blend.  For that reason, I am rather disappointed with it......

Two blushers, one high end, one drugstore.  One is hardly pigmented, the other just screams pink, bright pink.  I let you choose.....




No comments:

Post a Comment