Wednesday 15 October 2014

THE GLOWY FACE PRODUCTS TRIO







I'm all for highlighting and contouring my face. My favourite makeup products ever are blushers, sculpting bronzers and highlighters.  I'm usually one for powder forms for all these products but gradually, I am turning my thoughts on the creamy forms of my favourite trio in the beauty world. 

On a fairly recent trip to my local SpaceNK, I revisited and examined in depth a couple of products I came across not so long ago.  

Kevin Aucoin Candlelight & Sculpting Creamy Glow Duo is essentially a (mini) creamy version of KA's famous Celestial Powder - Candlelight and Sculpting Powder.   The two products that I have been wanting to try forever but have found them (from trialling them from my sister @forksandbrushes collection) either too shimmer to highlight, or two ashy to sculpt.  However I didn't think there was anything wrong with the products, it's just probably the way I applied or my technique.... I kept making excuses.  So when I saw this creamy duo, I gave it a very good try by swatching them on the back of my hands, and actually applying them on the face.  For some reasons, probably because it's in a cream form, it's become the tone of colours for both have become so much softer and less intense, so much easier to blend and appears much more natural to the whole complexion.  It's only £19 so it's definitely worth a try if you had the same experience as I did with the powder form.

Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere Anti-ageing Cheek Illuminator (Luster) Wow what can I say about this purchase?  I'm a fan of Chantecaille through and through, although I had doubts about its insanely expensive Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser (I like the texture of it but I blame it on the slight mismatch of my shade), anything from the Chantecaille counter I'm willing to swatch, play around and invest it wherever possible.  When I squeezed a bit of this cheek illuminator onto the back of my hand I thought oh wow the colour is a little too strong.  I chose Luster which is a pinker shade with gold shimmer runs through it (another shade Brilliance is a gold shade, more of a bronzer product I think).  However as I blended it out, and started dabbing on the apples of my cheek, it looks so natural and gives my face an instant lift and glow.  You can intensify it by adding more but I would recommend less is more with this product.  You can also mix this highlighting fluid with skincare, i.e. moisturiser or your favourite foundation to give your face an overall brightening complexion, you'll be surprised by the result!  The result seems to be much more natural, and easier for application if you squeeze a tiny amount of this onto a stippling brush and work it onto the apples of your cheeks.  As I was using it more and more, it reminded me a lot of the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher which I stole from my sister's makeup collection to try, but I found it a little too watery in texture hence the application became a little awkward for me.  Whereas this cheek illuminator, it's somewhere in between a water and a cream texture which makes application much easier.

Are you planning your next trip to Space NK already?  I hope you are nodding your heads!  Tell me if you've tried either of these products cos I want to know what you think of them!






No comments:

Post a Comment