Wednesday 10 September 2014

THE TRUTH ABOUT VITAMIN C




I'm never a fan of Vitamin C containing product, to say the least I'm rather sceptical about it.  It's because of the sensitive nature of my skin, and Vitamin C is meant to have the effect of 'brightening, and anti-ageing'.... so potentially it can be a little harsh to sensitive skins.

However, things have taken a 180-degree turn recently, and I have two Vitamin C skincare products which I have been really enjoying using, and noticed a difference gradually.

StrVectin-EV Vitamin C Actives - It's a brightening serum where I use it strictly in the evening as I (still) fear about the potential sun-damage that I would get during day time if this was to be used in my morning skincare routine.  After cleansing my face, I would put a thin layer of this on my face before putting on a facial oil.  This serum isn't potent at all, unlike other Vitamin C products.  It doesn't irritate my skin nor has it caused any breakout to my face.  It's absorbed so quickly by my skin, it doesn't feel like I am putting on an extra layer to my face. I've been using it for more than 4 weeks now and I've noticed a gradual change in the complexion on my face, it's a little brighter (less dull).

Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz - I love a good facial mist, and this one by Body Shop is a total surprise, in a good way!  I don't carry this around with me when I'm out and about as the bottle is still a little bit too big to my liking (100ml).  However I have introduced this good stuff as part of my morning and evening skincare routines.  After cleansing my face, I would spray this spritz all over my face, and neck.  The trick to spray this, is never, never directly to the eyes as it can sting!  Make sure you close your eyes, and spray from a good distance away.  Close your eyes for a few seconds after spraying, letting the spritz settled down on the face a little bit before opening your eyes, this way your eyes won't be irritated.  As it's Vitamin C- containing it's not surprising that this spray has a hint of citrusy scent.  Normally I'm not a fan of citrus scents but the smell disappears quite quickly so it doesn't bother me that much.  I love using this, especially in the morning as it wakes me up a lot and I found that this spray seems to have locked moisture in my skin better.  I've been continuously using this 2-3 times a day for a month, and noticed an improved in my skin tone; it's brighter and looks fresher!  I'm more than half way through the product, and am already thinking about repurchasing it.

Are you a fan of Vitamin C products?  What have you used before?


No comments:

Post a Comment