Wednesday 6 August 2014

Ooooh! POWDER?! BEN NYE LUXURY LOOSE POWDER



There is something about my preference and habit of my makeup routine that is changing over time.  Last time I talked about eye primers, today I wanted to share with you a face powder!  Never have I wanted to 'powder' my face as I have quite dehydrated skin.  Any products that are less than hydrating or moisturising will end up clinging onto my dry patches.   Recently though, the word 'powder' kept creeping into my mind, especially after applying make up, I feel that it's lacking of something without a light sweep of powder.


May I introduce to you Ben Nye Luxury Loose Powder (£9.95).  It's not your average high street or high end face powder that you can get as easily.  I bought mine at IMATS 2014, you can also purchase it easily from Guru Makeup Emporium situated conveniently at High Street Kensington.  Check out here for a more in-depth detailed blogpost by my sister (@forksandbrushes).
If you look at the powder from the outside of this little bottle, the powder looks quite yellow and even when I swatched it on my hands, it looks yellow and rather chalky.  However, once after it's been blended, it's all transparent and smoothened out.  It's pretty good.  I have wearing it for a good few weeks now and it's never dried up my skin or looks cake at all.  It's got such a soft and thin formulation that it disappeared once blended but yet it's able to brighten up the skin complexion further in a very natural way.


There are two brushes that I use to powder.  If I just wanted to powder small areas in my face, e.g. under the eye areas, I would use my Real Techniques' setting brush.  If I wanted an all-over the face powder then I would reach for my Zoeva #101 Luxe Face Definer Brush.  Just to add that, you might think that the Zoeva brush looks gigantic, its tapered shape made it ideal to target those delicate under eye areas and round the nose areas!

Are you a powder kind of gal?  What is your favourite face powder?



No comments:

Post a Comment