Sunday 15 June 2014

MY EVENING STANDARD: GARNIER MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER


I am probably rather late to jump onto the bandwagon of trying out the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.  Forgive me but this product isn't available just yet in Hong Kong so I had to wait until now that I'm back in London, I could finally give this a whirl.

A dupe for the good old Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water?  I think so.  Honestly, I am a big fan of the Bioderma cleansing water, I didn't find it that great in removing my eye makeup albeit it has a mild to water like formula which doesn't (never have) irritate my skin, so a great recommendation for sensitive skin.  However it has stung my eyes on a number of occasions so I ruled it out of my life for now.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is claimed to remove face, eyes and lips makeup, also no perfume; so gentle as water but able to help cleansed off makeup.  Did it work?  Hm.... I'm half way through the bottle (in about 6 weeks time, fair speed I think)..... It's a bit hit and miss.  I soaked two pieces of cotton pads full of this cleansing water, cover my eyes as a first step to remove makeup.  I would hold it for at least 30 seconds whilst gently massaging in circular motions.  Most of the eye makeup would come up, including smokey eye shadows and eyeliners.  For mascaras, it really depends, if I have put on too thick a coat on that this would require a second rinsing.  However the good thing is this stuff has never caused any irritation to my eyes whatsoever so in this department, it's outperformed Bioderma.


So, after 4 cotton pads and a few drips and drapes of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, most of my makeup will have come up.  However, I always make sure that I use a cleansing balm/ cream to put my face through a second cleanse and that way, I'm reassured that no dirt is left on my face.

Would I repurchase this pink bottle again?  I think I would - for the price and for what it's capable of doing.  Yes there are more effective products out there but for now, I'm liking beauty products which are slightly friendlier to my purse.

Until the next discovery of drugstore cleansing water, I shall report back in here!

Have you tried this?  What's your favourite makeup remover?

No comments:

Post a Comment