Thursday 24 April 2014

Creamy Rosy Cheeks


Spring has definitely sprung in Hong Kong, actually the weather feels more like summer in recent days; it's warmed up so much.  My makeup has changed a little with the weather as well.  I still like to smoke my eye makeup a little bit every now and then but the rosy cheeks have definitely made a return to my daily makeup routine.

As I haven't been adding many new blushers to my makeup stash lately, I have been rediscovering many of my old favourites, and also reaching for products I haven't really started using since I bought it.


Canmake Cream Cheek (#8 Marshmallow Pink) has quietly crept up to my daily creamy cheek product in the past couple of weeks.  For those of you who are less familiar with the brand Canmake is an all-round Japanese drugstore makeup brand which offers a wide range of products from foundations, eyeshadows, to nail polishes.  It's affordable yet the packaging and the quality are both outstanding.  I remember my Japanese friends used to rave about it.  


In the cream blusher range, it has a total of 10 shades altogether, ranging from what I have a pale girly pink, to some coral shades, and some more out-there reddish shades.  This is an all-round creamy blusher, by that I mean from touching it on the pan to applying, and to setting to a creamy finish.  The staying power isn't one to impress but it definitely gives a very natural finish and rather pigmented for what it is.  I prefer to use a stippling brush rather than my fingers to apply, although both can achieve an easy-to-blend application; I found that using a stippling brush can result in a more precise finish on the cheek areas.  This marshmallow pink shade that I got is so versatile, while it complements with a smokey eye look to just give the face a healthy rosy cheek finish; it can also be used alone on a no makeup makeup day to give a very natural finish to the face.

Whilst I apply Canmake Cream Cheek, it reminds me of my Chanel Le Blush Creme De Chanel (in the shade Inspiration) that I bought last summer.  Both are cream blushers but the Chanel one has a special texture, it's got a powdery touch and finish to the product; which stays put a little bit better than Canmake's.  However, both are extremely easily blended using both fingers or a brush.  The Chanel blusher has a slightly more rosier colour to the shades with a pink undertone, whilst the Canmake cream cheek is a pink shade; both give a very natural finish and complements with most makeup looks.



Has Spring arrived at where you live?  Do you fancy a bit of a rosy cheeks look to embrace the flowery weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment