Friday 21 March 2014

The Greats but I have to let them go...


It's such a fantastic feeling when you come across products that you have enjoyed using so much that either you have already repurchased them, or that they now sit on your repurchase list.  They have definitely served right in your beauty book.

However, as my beauty collection grows (out of hand), I take particular attention to products that are a little more vulnerable to their use-by dates than others which I can pretend they would last longer than they should.  Any liquid/ cream products, specifically base products that actually go on my skin straight after my moisturising step, I am very attentive to these and would clear them out when the time is up.  Therefore sadly, I'm going to have to let the following products go even they are unfinished......

Becca Resurfacing Primer - I have done a rather detailed review of this good stuff you can check it here.  This stuff is brilliant, it does what it says on the tube, resurface any uneven skin tone and leaving my face feeling and looking much more refreshed.  It's a great preparation for the skin!

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua An absolutely all time favourite which has been well documented and enjoyed thoroughly here , here and here.  This is the first high end foundation product that I own and have since left me a completely biased view of only high end base products are worth the hype.  It's rather difficult to find something as impressive as this (it's possible but one one satisfied me, read on to find out what this is).  It's on my repurchase list but I'm going to hold forte right now as I'm trying to finish up a few other base products that are approaching their use-by dates in the next few months.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation - There's something about the French, they seem to know how to deliver when it comes to lifestyle and beauty.  Bourjois is my favourite drugstore brand, and only their foundation products impress me and makes me think that they are on par with high end foundations.  This is perhaps one of their most well known foundation product and are often perceived as a dupe of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.  They are rather similar, the only difference is that Chanel's one is of a more watery texture whilst Bourjois' Healthy Mix Serum Foundation is a slightly thicker texture, whether it is a gel foundation I can't tell but both brands are equally hydrating and excellent for dry skin.  Both are great to give a healthy and glowing finish!  I have moved on to try other Bourjois base products and they continued to be loved, and very well loved!


Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - I bought this based from a complete sense of curiosity and was attracted by the packaging.  In terms of keeping things hygiene it isn't the most ideal because of the sponge applicator.  However it is also because of the mini sponge applicator design that makes me think, ' Oh my god this is so cute!'.  It's a great product that you can (may be not ideal) apply it under the eye areas straight from the sponge applicator.  The minute you apply this on areas you need, you definitely would feel that the areas in question have been 'erased', funny feeling, eh?  It's such a creamy formula that it blends so well and easily with just fingers or using a brush if you want everything blended in perfectly.  It's also an all round concealer - for everywhere from under the eyes, round the nose areas, blemishes and any other areas that need a bit of coverage.

bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment - This is possibly one of the most groundbreaking skincare item that I tried.  It's a powder that you brush all over the face as part of your evening skincare routine, after the serum/ moisturiser step.  It aims at reduce pores and increase luminosity.  It really does what it claims.  I found that my skin had definitely improved during the period of time when I used this.  However I drifted away from it and went onto trying out other things..... There is a ton of product in this that it will be more than enough to last a good 12 months however I'm going to have to let it go now that it's well beyond the 12 months mark....

Are you like me who would keep a strict pair of eyes on those expiry date on beauty products?  What have you had to say goodbyes to in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment