Thursday 27 February 2014

February Favourites: Strictly Beauty Products


February is a month when I have been at my calmest in terms of trying out different beauty bits, i.e. I have been rediscovering some old favourites and sticking them into my daily routines.

February is a month when I'm all about fresh face, no heavy make up.  I have even gone as far as reviewing a few of Lisa Eldridge's videos on Minimal Makeup, No Makeup Tutorial.  I've learnt that the key to a fresh face makeup is all about a good flawless luminous base, less is more on the eyes.

On days when I feel that my skin is at pretty good conditions, I even skipped applying foundations, tinted moisturisers CC/BB Creams; instead I have been applying a good dose of Kiko Instant Perfection Soothening and Destressing Fluid.  This stuff works wonder to the skin with its pearly white fluid, gives the skin a luminous sheer finish, but it isn't shimmery or shiny at all!

Following the luminous skin situation is achieved, I would opt for a simple concealer - Maybelline The Eraser Eye Protect & Cover Concealer (Light).  It's in quite a creamy texture which blends easily with fingers, it helps to brighten my under eye areas to give them a bit of a lift, whilst for not-so-severe spots, it covers well, too!  Love this duo-purpose sponge applicator concealer.

I've been wearing very minimal or no eyeliner at all this month which is rather out of my comfort zone.  But my eyes still need a bit of emphasis and I found that my Sephora Crayon Jumbo liner 12 HR wear (Waterproof) in #04 taupe gives just the perfect colour that I need for my eyes.  It's a taupey brown/ bronzy eyeshadow that I would apply onto my eyelids straight from the bullet.  You can choose to intensify the makeup look by sweeping on the eyelids a few more times but I chose a more natural finish most of the times.  It's so creamy that I can just rely on my fingers to smoothen out the product.  Instantly my eyes look lifted and sharpened.  



There isn't a day I would go without curling my lashes before putting on mascara.  My D&G PassionEye Mascara, wow this stuff is so good.  I bought this back in early January and there hadn't been a day I wouldn't wear this.  It's great for giving my lashes the curl and the length that it needs, definitely perfect for lifting the eyes.  It's also waterproof that it doesn't smudge on my eyes so I don't end up having panda eyes by the end of the day.

On the cheeks, I would either just sweep over the apple of my cheeks with the Soap & Glory Love At First Blush Multi-shade Blushing Powder.  I normally like to use a big fluffy brush to swirl on the pan then apply on my cheeks.  It's not shimmery but it gives my cheeks the glow that they need!  Sometimes when I feel that my face looks a bit like a pizza, I 'contoured' my face using the bronzer shade from this Physicians Forumla Organic Wear 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blusher (Light Bronzer/ Pink Rose),  I got this in a generous giveaway by Julie from Everyday Indulgences of.... Do you know why I love this bronzer?  Because it doesn't give me an orange face, the bronzing powder is great for pale skinned girl like myself.

Finally I like to frame my face by adding a finishing touch to my brows my filling them in using my Soap & Glory Brow Tint & Precision Shaping Pencil in Love is Blonde.

Have you made any changes to your makeup routines this month?  What beauty products have you loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment