Monday 17 February 2014

Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm


Ever since I was Wowed by Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser  all I wanted is to continue with this way of cleansing my face for my evening routine.  I found that it helps to get rid of any residue of makeup on my face.

In Hong Kong, I don't have access to Liz Earle products, nor do I have easy access to cleansing balm, I think it's down to the differences in weather.

I shopped around for a bit for an affordable one ( Eve Lom Cleansing Balm is just way too insanely expensive for me at this stage, and I can't find Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm here either - how much I regret about not trying out EH's stuff when I was in London!) and then I discovered that Botanics has a Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm (£8.99).  It fits my bill completely.  It's available in Mannings, Hong Kong.


I must admit after reading a few reviews about it I hesitated for a bit before buying this - they were generally not amazed by it but then bloggers who tried this have also tried other better ones such as Emma Hardie and Eve Lom.  However for my budget, I wanted to try something a little less damaging to my bank accounts before, perhaps moving up the game to try EH/ EL.

I have been using this for the past 2 months and I am happy with this.

It comes with a piece of muslin cloth which is pretty standard for a cleansing balm/ cleansing cream product.  The balm has an algae-green colour which looks like it's full of natural ingredients.  As I scooped this stuff out from the pan, it feels kind of greasy (but not too bad) and when I apply on my face and massage it around my eye areas, it helps to melt any residual makeup away.


You really don't need too much of this stuff.  I had been greedy and used more than enough of this to rub all over my face, and after using the muslin cloth to wipe my face, it left my face feeling a little greasy.  So... less is more with this cleansing balm.

I would recommend this cleansing balm to anyone who is on a tighter budget on skincare, however I need to try out EH and EL's cleansing balm before I can make a judgement on which one cleansing balm is the best.

Are you a fan of cleansing balm?  What have you used and which one would you recommend?



No comments:

Post a Comment