Wednesday 29 January 2014

Everybody loves a bit of Chanel



For a rather long while, Chanel makeup was a very distant dream to me; one that it felt like stars on the sky, I can see it and admire about how sparkly and beautiful they are but never have been able to touch and own it.

The fantasy ended just over a year ago when I took the plunge to try out the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.

Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation remains as one of my favourite foundations all times.  Vitalumiere Aqua is a watery based foundation, you need to shake the bottle before squeezing out the lovely product out.  Dry skin loves this formulation, it hydrates and provides a light to medium coverage.


Owning a healthy collection of high end nail polishes always makes me faint, purely because of the insanely high price tag, when you can get some good quality nail products with a fraction of the price.  However that didn't stop me from wanting not one but two Le Vernis Nail Colour by Chanel.  I have these in #569 Emprise which is a peachy nude colour, with very fine shimmer that runs through it.  #18 Rouge Noir is a classic dark forest (burgundy) that of the line.  The formulations are pretty long lasting and the application is very easy, too.

Have you tried any mascaras by Chanel?  I had this one Sublime de Chanel Waterproof Length and Curl Mascara  .  I usually get on with plastic bristle brush but sadly I didn't with Chanel's.  I didn't find it either lengthened or curled my lashes..... I've heard too many people said that mascaras normally perform better from the drugstore range... and I think they may be right!


Do you take notice of other ladies as they take their lippies out from their handbags and wondered what lip products do they use?  I certainly do and I always find ladies who own a Chanel lipstick has got taste...  So it's a no brainer I got myself a Chanel lipstick, this one Rouge Coco Shine in #46 Liberte.  Its hydrating formula is so good for the dry lips, sometimes I can even get away without having to prep my lips before applying this.  The slim packaging is very handy, too especially to fit it in a clutch when you struggle with space.  After being impressed by Rouge Coco Shine, I went for the Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in #165.  This is by far my favourite lip gloss at all times.  It gives such a glossy finish to my lips whilst it is not sticky at all.... I wore it in extremely windy days and being windswept a few times but the lip gloss on my lips have not caught my hair; which is a good sign for a lip gloss!


My petite Chanel makeup collection wouldn't be completed without a blusher or two.  Joues Contraste Powder Blush in #74 Ultra Rose is a very bright rose pink on the pan, light handed is highly required!  I must say I didn't use it often enough as I have to be honest I didn't find this powder blusher perform as well as others that I have.  It's a little too pigmented for my liking and it's not the easiest blusher to blend so I often end up looking like a clown whenever I have this on no matter how careful and light handed I am.....  On the other hand, Le Blush Creme De Chanel in #64 Inspiration.  I found myself constantly reaching out for this pale pink cream blusher.  It goes with almost any makeup look that I might be wearing and works especially fabulously with smokey eyes.

Finally, I was lucky enough to be sent one of Chanel's latest launches - CC Cream in #12 Beige Rose.  This CC Cream in beige rose is a special formula for Asian ladies which is supposed to give a slightly pinky finish to give that healthy glowing look.  Unfortunately I have mixed views about it after one use (first impression).  When I had it first applied on my face using my fingertips, I found that the product clanged onto some of my dry patches on my face, e.g. round my nose.  I have to say it did give quite a flawless complexion overall and it appeared quite matte.  I wouldn't recommend this for dry skinned girls!

I hope you liked my little Chanel makeup collection!  Have you used any of these?  Which Chanel products would you recommend to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment