Thursday 2 January 2014

Empties and well loved

Happy New Year!  beautyorbread wishes you a very pretty year to come and may 2014 bring you lots of exciting aspects!  

To kick off 2014, I wanted to share some of my favourite empty products.... here they are....



I have been writing my 'Empties' blogpost since April.  Fans of beautyorbread would know that I like to do a little review of each empty product alongside.  This time, there's no exception.  However, these empty products have truly been well loved and I want to share them with you.  

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - Are you a toner user?  I wasn't but until I tried the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic, I found that it made such a difference to my skin.  Not only does it make them more supple, it seemed to have calmed down my skin a lot (thanks to the Chamomile Essential Extract in this.  Love me some Chamomile!).  It doesn't dry out my skin at all which is sometimes other toners would do and that's why I have not been using one in the past religiously as part of my skincare routine. 

ILIA Beauty Balmy Nights Lip Exfoliator My desert island product has to be a lip exfoliator.  I don't think I can live without one of these as my lips are so dry and chapped; especially in the colder months.  I especially love this because of the convenience and ease of usage.  Unlike other lip exfoliator where it's contained in a pot and you have to scoop the content out and exfoliate your lips which for me, often ended up a messy act.  With ILIA's lip exfoliator, it's clean; you twist and turn and apply this exfoliating balm on your lips.  Who isn't to love smooth and moisturised lips?


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat - This is probably my 3rd/ 4th bottle.  This stuff is seriously good.  The formula is the best in the market - not only it speeds up the drying process which is the key and what this product is designed for.  It also gives a shiny finish.  A product that does two things?  What not to love?!

L'Oreal Grow Beautiful for Short Nails (sorry I can't find this on the website but it's easily available from Superdrug and Boots) - L'oreal nail polish is one of my favourite nail polishes.  The flat brush and the formula of the polish are the perfect combo.  The colour range is extremely diverse, too.  When L'Oreal launched its nail care range, I was the first to try this!  I picked the Grow Beautiful for Short Nails.  I used this as a base coat which has worked perfectly.  I didn't realise it helped my nails to grow though, this didn't bother me.  However I found it nourished my nails and have prevented my nails from yellowing.


Are any of these your favourite products?  What have you finished using lately and what have you loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment