Saturday 7 December 2013

Stay, don't stray!


I'm not an eye primer wearer, I rely on the power of my dry skin which seems to grasp my makeup pretty well; apart from the occasion panda eyes which caused by some rubbish mascara. 

Until recently I found this Stay, Don't stray primer by benefit sitting at the back of my beauty drawers. I gave it a go and was blown away by it!


This primer comes in a light beige colour, and is creamy in texture. It is multi-purpose as it can be used as an eye shadow primers which you put all over eyelids or as a stay-put primer for concealer, which I haven't tried using it as. 

It doesn't feel greasy or anything and blends very well. It sets opaque although it doesn't offer any colour tone which is quite handy for the next steps of eye makeup.

Here's a few experimental picture to attempt to illustrate (non-scientifically) how my eye makeup differed when I had the primer on or not.  Please note as they were taken on different days... and I tried to take them in an as similar way as possible.

When makeup was first put on at 11am: 

With Primer On
Without Primer on

This was after 5+hours:

With Primer On


Without Primer On




As you might be able to see, my makeup with the primers on seem to look much more intense than the one without.  I did notice a difference personally.  Despite I don't have a big problem for the staying power of my makeup in the past, I did feel that this primer helped in making my makeup staying in place a little better.

Are you an eye primer wearer?  What have you used in the past?  Would you recommend the same one or you have an alternative one that you prefer?




1 comment:

  1. I don't have oily lids, but I regularly use a primer anyways. I went through a bottle of the Benefit SDS a few years ago when it was still in the pump packaging. Your post reminded me of how much I loved this primer and how I should pick it up again soon.

    I also really like the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. The Soap&Glory It's About Prime in "Bright Light" is also nice for adding an extra dimension to eyeshadows. I just bought the Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer and hopefully it performs up to expectations.

    ReplyDelete