Saturday 30 November 2013

What I have loved this month? November edit


I continue to love what I loved using last month, but I asked myself; what else have I enjoyed using this month? 

I pulled out my drawer in which I keep all my empties inside just in case if I wanted to write about them. Instantly I saw my much much loved Beauty Elixir by Caudalie which I have raved about it man thousands a times. This is probably the 3rd bottle I have finished and I still love it so much. 

I'm a loyal nail polish wearer and I change colours so regularly so it shouldn't be a surprise to myself that I've finished one. Loreal Colour Riche Nails (in shade 828 Flashing Lilac) is a great nail polish range and this pastel lilac colour is by far my favourite amongst my nail collection. Not only is the colour exactly the right shade which flatters my skin tone and it pops, the application and the formula is also amazingly user friendly. It's especially great for a on-the-go application when you need to be out of the door or need to be in bed by 30mins, it never fails to shine and makes my nails look top notch!


A new discovery this month and has surprised me big time has to be benefit Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow base.  In terms of my makeup, I'm lucky as they don't normally smudge all over my face or nor does it melt away by lunch time.  However, earlier this month I found my Primping With The Star  lying at the back of my lip products drawer.  So I picked this eye primer to give it a try.  I was wowed by it the first time I used it.  These days I tend to put on my makeup in the morning and wear them for a good 8+ hours.  I realised that the difference when I put this eye primer my eye makeup stay put so much better than when I don't.  As I said although my makeup doesn't normally move by the end of a busy day, this eye primer helped my makeup to stay in place even better!  I can imagine for girls who have oilier skin/ oily eye lids would benefit from using this primer - try it if you haven't!


Relocating to Hong Kong also means that my skin is also adapting to a new environment.  I found my  skin a little allergic to the polluted air and I desperately wanted to keep to a strict skin routine of having a deep cleanse once a week to make sure that any impurities are drawn out regularly to avoid pores clogging up.  I looked around and wanted to try some Japanese brands but failed to do so yet.  Whilst I panicked I remembered I used up a couple of samples by Aesop and was very pleased with the result.  So I picked up the Camomile Concentrate Ant-Blemish Masque.

I had a consultation back in the shop in London.  I was first interested in trying the Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask but was advised this might be too strong for sensitive skin as parsley seed can be quite potent ingredient for delicate skin.  Camomile is a much gentler ingredient for sensitive skin.   The Camomile Concentrate Anti-Blemish Masque also contains ingredients such as Tea Tree Leaf and Evening Primrose, both of which have healing effects.  I found that it does what it says on the tin which is minimise breakouts and blemishes, what's more is that it helps to clear my skin in a really gentle way.  There is no feeling of stinging at all when put this all over my face.  It is a bit like a clay mask.  When put all over my skin it looks rather clear, as it dries up the masque turned opaque so you would be able to tell it's about time to wash this off.  If you are in the market to try out a new deep cleansing mask, I would recommend you to give this a try.  It is a little expensive (HK$380/ £33) so I would suggest you ask for a sample before you commit to a full size version.

What have you loved this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment