Wednesday 27 November 2013

Christmas Shopping Guide 2013: High End Beauty Picks

Welcome to beautyorbread first ever Christmas Shopping Guide 2013 - High End Beauty Episode.  These are all my personal favourites for this year's Christmas Collection by luxury brands.  Of course I cannot buy everything that is available there otherwise, poor Mr. H and I would end up sleeping rough by xmas.  I hope you will like a few things that I managed to splurge on and are inspired when you do your christmas shopping this year!  Have you started doing it yet?


First up..... Dior! When it comes to luxury and extravagant packaging, Dior knows how to do it and does it better than anyone else in my very humble opinion. This year, Dior has launched 3 products in its Christmas Collection: Highlighter, Nail Polish (also a gorgeous manicure caviar set) and Lipsticks.


I picked the Diorific Vernis Nail Varnish  in Winter (20 in UK, or HK$215) It comes in 4 shades, each colour has some shimmery glittery bits in it to make it extra festive!  The gold and glass bottle make it to die for.  I chose this beige/ nude colour as I think you can wear it all year round and not restricted to the party or winter seasons.  I'm sure you can make someone very happy by buying one of these!


Who doesn't like handbags? Especially for girls, your wife, girlfriend (s), sisters; any girls would love to receive a lovely handbag as a Xmas present!

Nars x Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection Limited Edition One Night Stand Cheek Palette could be your next hottest and yet most difficult beauty item to obtain.  

As soon as I knew this was available, I popped to a Nars counter in Hong Kong but was told this wasn't available in Asia Pacific Regions!  It is available in the UK however it seems to be completely out of stock.  


However, you can still get this from Sephora (US$65 or £45).  For any beauty addicts, I think this wouldn't go wrong if you were to give her this.  


Nars is famous for its quality makeup products and it range, it has many star products and this palette, contains 6 shades - which include the most famous Bronzer (Laguna) and a cheek colour (Orgasm).  



It also comes in very generous amount for each shade, with £45 or US$65; I think it is a great bargain, and you would definitely make one very happy girl!

Anteprima latest launch - Lucchetto (F/W 2013/14) could be your next best xmas option! (You can read a more in depth review here)


You can wear this handbag 3-way which suits any occasions that you need: on the shoulder, across the body and as a tote bag.  The size is also perfect for those who carry a little more than just a lipstick when going out.  I used this on a recent trip to Taipei and have found it more than enough to keep all the essentials that I need.  


The handbag is also very agile, too - it's stretchable - you can fit as little or as much as you want to.  It definitely adds glamorous touch to a causal outfit or complement elegantly if you want to dress up a little bit!

I hope that you liked my Christmas ideas - what are you still waiting for?  Time to go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment