Friday 1 November 2013

October beauty favourites


October is a bit of a dramatic month for me.  Last week saw Mr. H being rather unwell and ended up in the hospital for a big fat 4 days, doing all sorts of examinations.  Earlier in the month, I started a part time job and have become part of the working population in Hong Kong.  This is my second month since moving to Hong Kong, I think I'm doing pretty well, slowly and steadily.

Life seems to have taken over my 'beauty life' this month, so in terms of beauty and fashion, I kept it quite low maintenance and was not as adventurous as in the past few months.  I relied on my trusted makeup collection and was glad to rediscover, and should I say; I had more time to be-friend with my beauty stash and was able to tell you how much I loved about them.

First up, a beauty combo I want to tell you about.  I'm sure everyone now has either heard of or have loved the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow (£6.99) (021 Sahara Treasure).  They are like pressed eyeshadow powder (some say they are a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill eyeshadow £26).  They are very pigmented and at the same time, extremely soft to blend.  A sweep of this golden brown colour across the eyelids open up your eyes instantly.  A real quick and effective way to 'make up' in the morning when you are in a hurry.  Normally I would only use my fingers to apply this but this month, I decided to use some of the brushes that haven't been loved by me as much.  My eyeballs turned to the Real Techniques' duo-fiber brush.  It came as a set of 3 fiber brushes by Real Techniques.  At first I didn't quite know how to use 'fibre brushes' but I found that it picks up just the right amount of product so it makes the application of eyeshadow very easy.  The combination of these two made me feel like a top makeup artist!


This month, I ditched my fingers (not literally) and have been using brushes more regularly.  Sephora's Pro Airbrush concealer #57 has been my best friend when applying concealer.  I bought this brush when I was on summer holiday in Paris.  What I would do is that I dabbed my favourite concealer on the areas I need to cover up, such as my eyebags, round my nose, etc. then using this Airbush concealer brush to buff and work the product into the skin.  It does exactly what it says on the tin, which gives an airbrush finish.  The brush is also so soft that it feels really nice to the skin.  The size of the brush is perfect, too that I can work quite targetedly to the area that I wanted to conceal.  


Eyeliners are one of my most trusted makeup items that it turns dull and tired looking eyes into sparkly sexy features.  I know I've raved too much about my beloved eyeliner by Kiko (honestly they are the best in the market I think).  But I thought I should give another brand a try so I turned my hands to, Topshop.  Waterproof Liner in Ebony (£5) is probably the closest to Kiko's.  It's soft and pigmented.  It doesn't smudge at all.  It glides on my eyelids/ eyelines like a dream.  Some eyeliners I've tried are a nightmare.  Why?  They sometimes just wouldn't draw on my eyes, the colours wouldn't come off from the pencil.  But with this Topshop one, it doesn't take two to draw a perfect line.

A short October Favourite post this month.  What have you been loved using?

And I'm so excited to be back here sharing my love for beauty with you.  Apologies for the disruptions occurred this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment