Sunday 28 July 2013

The no makeup makeup - summer glow


I'm loving this year's British summer weather and am not complaining about the fact that it's so hot.  It just means that I have to be clever and creative about what makeup I should be wearing to keep them fresh and in place.

I was trying out a different combination of products these days and have been quite satisfied with the result. and want to share it with you.  The key is to be natural and glowy.  I know that not everyone likes a dewy finish in the summer as things can get a little sweaty but my skin is dry so a glowy and dewy finish is something I always aim to achieve.

I hope you like this look.


I have upped my sun skincare, these days I reach for my Ultrasun Anti-Ageing Formula SPF 50  as my day moisturiser as well as a makeup primer.  It is specifically for using on the face and the texture is quite thick but not greasy and very hydrating.  I absolutely adore it.  If you have dry skin this is a product for you but for oily girls, this would definitely be too oily for you so I would recommend Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily Moisturiser SPF 50 instead which is much more light weight and of a watery texture.


I'm enjoying slightly better and improved skin at the moment so I automatically think of my Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser (nude).  It gives the most transparent finish ever, it melts into your skin once applied and very moisturising, too.  Then I used my Real Technique's Deluxe Crease Brush to blend my Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer which works as a duo function product to brighten up and conceal those under the eyes, round my nose areas.  For extra coverage on blemishes and any imperfections, I used e.l.f stick concealer.



This makeup look emphasises on highlights, so I used my Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Ecrin 4 Couleurs Long-Lasting Eyeshadow (the lightest pearly white shade) to brighten up the inner corner of my eyes, and used my Real Techniques' Contouring Brush to highlight my upper cheekbones, brow bones and temple areas with the base shadow shade from my Chantecaille The Coral Reef Palette.  I really love using the base shadow shade to highlight especially if I don't want a shimmery finish.


Whilst I am keeping things very natural, this makeup is all about a glowy and dewy finish.  Soap & Glory Love at First Blush Multi-Shade Blushing Powder is an amazingly finely milled powder, perfect for using it as a highlighting powder or as a blusher.  I enjoy applying this using my Real Technique's Blush Brush.  It's such a large brush which helps to sweep this lovely shimmery champagney coloured powder evenly all over the apple of my cheeks to give this extremely subtle glowy finish.


Other products used were:
Do you like this look?  What makeup look have you been wearing this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment