Friday 12 July 2013

Confession of a blusher junkie #1: Diorblush Cheek Cream vs Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush

Hi, my name is Cynthy and I have an addiction for Blusher.

I am on a little journey of collecting cheek products by every beauty brand - a long but a highly self-indulging journey of mine.

Just for a heads up, I currently own 34 blushers (they come in all shapes and sizes, textures and colours) - crazy, eh?  But, each of them have their own individual characters and serve a different purpose on different day, according to different moods.

Today, I want to start off by talking about 2 of my most recent additions to my (slowly and surely growing) blusher collection.


One day after I woke up, I decided that I needed the Diorblush Cheek Creme in my life.  It didn't stay on my wishlist for long at all, I made it to a Dior beauty counter the very next day, I sat down, I tried, fell in love and adopted it.

The new Diorblush Cheek Creme comes in 4 shades, I picked up shade #971 in Pareo.  A bright dolly fuchsia pink I would describe it.


It looks rather dramatic to my usual liking on the pot but the humorous French guy who worked at the Dior counter said this would be the best colour match to me.  I tried and instantly thought this was made for me.  I thanked him for opening up a whole array of new dimension to cheek colour matching for me from now on.

Let's talk packaging, shall we?  It's a classic Christian Dior packaging compare to its Dior Addict line.  It is a small little pot which weighs 7g.  I must say this little glass pot is heavier than it looks.  I'm not going to be carrying around this in my handbag so this isn't a problem.  It is got a slight jasmine scent to it which fades away after application.  When you smear your fingers on it or attempt to slightly press the product down, it feels somewhat spongey like - very cute!  The best thing of all, it doesn't leave any fingers marks on the surface, making it like a brand new product every time when you open it.

Whilst I was bathing in and adoring my Diorblush Cheek Creme on a daily basis, not long after that I discovered Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush on an unnecessary trip to Boots.  I swear I have walked pass this product so many times but have never taken any notice to it.  This time, the strikingly bright pink colour attracted my attention.


I immediately thought, 'a dupe for my Diorblush Cheek Creme!'.  I bought it and swatched them on my arms side by side - I simply couldn't tell which was which.


The Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush is in a shade #200 Flushed Rougissant.  It comes in 3 shades, just one shade less than Diorblush Cheek Creme.  I would describe the colour of my Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush exactly the way I described the Diorblush Cheek Creme, 'a bright dolly fuchsia pink'.

The Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush is not as heavy as Diorblush Cheek Creme so if you were to bring it with you on the go, this might be a better one for you.  It doesn't have any fragranced scent to it so for those of you who are a little conscious on the scent side of thing, this again might be for you.  However it does leave fingers marks on the surface of the blush itself as you can see from the photo above.  It shouldn't bother anyone too much I guess but if you are a perfectionist this might not work for you.

So, what about the formula, the texture, the colour pay off and the finish?


The texture of both cream blushes are very similar, Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush is slightly more creamier to touch and feels a little bit of a silicon-based product, similar texture to some primer product such as Becca resurfacing primer.    It is not sticky at all, and if anything the finish looks matte and feels slightly powdery.  On the other hand Diorblush Cheek Creme is more of a dry cream product compared to Revlon PhotoReady.  Diorblush Cheek Creme is a bit more pigmented than Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush, and the intensity of the colour is slight more concentrated.  The colour pay off are extremely similar, if you are wearing both products on either side of your cheeks, I bet no one would be able to tell you are not wearing the same cream blush.  I would say this colour suits any skin tone as it is quite pigmented.  It gives your cheeks this natural flush, rosy glow finish - definitely a great product for summer!

Both products are very easily blended and doesn't stain and dry quickly on the face so you have a bit of time to blend it out.  Because Diorblush Cheek Creme is slight more pigemented than Revlon PhotoReady cream blush, you don't need dab as much product.  Both products wear really well and stay put at least 7+ hours.  I have dry skin, normally my makeup stay put pretty well; so it might work differently on other skin types.

Price wise, there is a huge difference!  Diorblush Cheek Creme will set you back at £24.99 whereas Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush is £7.99, 3 times less expensive!

I would say both products are highly recommended, dependent on your budget either one is a good one to snap up to update your summer makeup collection!



No comments:

Post a Comment