Sunday 9 June 2013

Space NK Haul

Oooops..... I didn't mean to do it but I did it again.  I hauled at Space NK.

I am slowly working my way through my 'Space NK Wish List', this time I took the plunge and bought a few things by Hourglass.


First up is this Hourglass Holiday Conffret set (£59).  I was instantly attracted to it when I saw it despite the price tag. This is such great value though and for someone like me who is new to the world of Hourglass - I will get to try 4 of its products before committing myself wholeheartedly to any or all 4 of them!


In this Holiday Coffret set you can find:

  • Veil mineral primer SPF15 (10ml)
  • Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara (10g)
  • Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Glass (7g)
  • No. 28 High Primer Serum (5ml)
I will definitely report on these products once I have had a good try of them.

Then, out of nowhere I decided to invest in a high-end foundation and I had my eyes set on the Veil Fluid Makeup.  Let's just put in straight there, this foundation didn't come cheap, it cost me a very steep £50.



I tried it in the shop and wore it for a good few hours and have loved it.  Then popped into another Space NK and chatted to a really nice Assistant Manager, Leslie or Lesley to find out more about the foundation as I am being extra careful with products causing breakout to my skin.

Leslie kindly gave me some sample to take away with me, I use shade #0 Porcelain.  She also talked me through in details about the ingredients contained in this foundation - basically it doesn't only provide a light to medium coverage to the skin but at the same time it has lots of skincare benefits such as reducing the appearance of wrinkles, helps to unclog pores and improve skin's texture, etc.  Sounds amazing.  I don't know about these benefits yet but what I am sure of is that after wearing the sample I was given for 3 days, I noticed how much brighter my complexion looks wearing this foundation.  This foundation is ever so light that it sets transparent on my skin, giving my skin a natural glow.  I also noticed that after I removed my makeup, my skin doesn't look dull but remain looking healthy.  I'm not quite sure whether it is down to this foundation but having worn this for an extremely short period of time - I can definitely say this is the best foundation I have ever tried.

 Just also to comment on the pump design of this bottle - easy and handy to get the product out.  One deep pump or two light pumps is all you need for your whole face.  It blends extremely well and light.  I have tried using both a buffing brush and a beauty blender to apply this and found that it works well using a beauty blender.

Have you tried any products by Hourglass before?  What are your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment