Monday 17 June 2013

Current Favourites #1



Let's just put it this way, I am greedy when it comes to choosing my favourite makeup products.  I have so many that I cannot simply put my hands down on one single product.  Hence this Current Favourites' post - so, Welcome!

I found myself going back to these products almost everyday in the past few weeks and have always felt blown away by the quality of the product and how they excited me with a 'near perfect' finish look.


Meet my new favourite foundation, Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup.  There isn't a day I don't wear this foundation since I bought it.  There's something about this base which better the complexion of my skin like no other!

It provides a light coverage to the finish look, you can build it up to medium if you like a bit more coverage.  The amazing thing about this foundation is that it gives a 'transparent' finish, it really does.  I use the shade #0 Porcelain and suits my skin tone perfectly.  The price is steep, and will set you back for £50.  However, it really is every penny worths.  I can't stop using it everyday since I bought it.  I have heard mixed review about this, people either love it and blown away by it like me or don't find it any special.  If you are in doubt, I suggest you ask for a sample to try before you buy.  I got mine at Space NK and they are very helpful in talking you through the products (all the amazing skincare benefits) and I felt reassured to spend that much money.


Sleek's cheeks products are always my firm favorites in the blushers' world.  This latest Sleek Sweet Cheeks Blush (Candy Collection, Limited Edition) is no exception.  I already have written a post about it, you can click here to learn the details.  The special thing about this palette is that it contains one cream blush and two powder blush which is an unique combo.  I love the middle one - Dolly Mix which is a rosy pink colour.  It is very pretty and it allows me to pretend to be an 'English Rose' for the day!

On the day when I want a bit more warmth to my face, instead of reaching to a bronzer (it often ends up looking orange on my face, sadly); I fell in love with the Soap and Glory Love at First Blush Multi-shade Blushing powder.  Sometimes I wear it on its own, sometimes I wear it on top of whatever blusher I would wear.  It gives a very subtle shimmery glow and warmth to the skin - to me it works much better than a bronzer.  I basically just swirl my Real Techniques Blush Brush on the palette (touching all colours) and brush it on both the apple of my cheeks!  They are the best combo!

If I was to live on just one mascara for the rest of this year, I will choose Max Factor's Clump Defy Mascara (Waterproof).  You will know by now how many times I have complained about my painfully short eyelashes.  Even after I curl them using an eyelash curler, it doesn't make that much of a difference.  I look for dramatic and apparent results in a mascara that gives me length as well as the volume that my lashes need.  This mascara can do both.  It is a 'dryish' type of mascara which I prefer over a 'wet' mascara.  Not only does it give volume, it lengthens my lashes, too.  That saves me time from applying a lengthening mascara first then reach out for a volumising mascara.


When it comes to apply foundation, most of the times I use my fingers.  I think I still haven't quite mastered the technique of using a foundation/ buffing brush to apply my foundation.  However, since I started using a Beauty Blender, which you can view here for a more detailed review on it; this pink egg-shaped sponge has become my best pal when applying foundation on.  It makes the finishing look seamless and blends in with my skin naturally.  I love using it also because you have to soak the beauty blender up before pressing on your skin, the moisture on the blender helps to hydrate my skin further whilst applying foundation on.

Finally, the Balmi Cube Lip Balm (Raspberry) has become a no brainer lip balm for me in the past few weeks.  Dare I say, its creamy and highly moisturising formula is comparable to the Caudalie Lip Conditioner.  I would say the Balmi Lip Balm doesn't only moisture the lips on its surface but it conditions it and it's very long-lasting.  I highly recommend it.

What is your current favourites?  Are you as greedy as me when it comes to makeup?

No comments:

Post a Comment