Monday 13 May 2013

Haul #2: Makeup, Hair, Nails


Hello people, I have another haul for you and I hope you enjoy (and please don't judge me!).

These days I thought to myself, it's time to give Soap & Glory's make up products a go and there I was, walking into Boots in Oxford Street, finding myself wandering to the Soap & Glory makeup stand at the back of the store.  I am a fan of other S&P products such as Hand Food which smells heavenly and I must have gone through 3 tubes of Hand Food in the past half a year, you can tell how much of a fan I am!  I've also used S&P's shampoo and conditioner and they are also nice but perhaps could be a little more conditioning in my opinion.

Boots is doing a little offer on S&P make up products, when you've spent £12 or over, you get their Lid Stuff Quad for free which normally worths £10.  I thought that's quite a bargain and a good opportunity to try out some of their products.


I bought the following items:


I absolutely cannot resist cheek products at all especially in powder form.  I think I'm officially a blush collector.  Look at this gorgeous mixture of Pink, Pop & Pearl shimmer powder.  I swatched it on my hands in front of the stand it's simply a stunner!  I cannot wait to wear this and will share with you all how I get on with it.

For the free gift I picked:


Lid Stuff Quad in What's Nude, Top Row: Vanilla and Pink T, Bottom Row: Mudhoney and Aubersheen.  The Lid Stuff Quad is available in two other combinations.  I chose What's Nude because I'm quite a conservative person when it comes to wearing eye shadows.  These neutral colours will just add 'variation' to my existing eye shadow collections.  Nope it won't but I think it's difficult to get a matte colour eye shadow, too these days.  Only Aubersheen contains shimmer in it, the other three are all matte colour.  I also swatched it on my hands at the shop and they are extremely pigmented and when I blend it on my hands they are very easily blended out, too.  Can't wait to try them on!

Finally, the other couple of things I got were:


The Argania Moisture Repair Conditioner for £7.99.  It contains Argan oil which I'm hoping it will be able to improve the condition of my hair.  Now that my hair is a lot shorter, I think that it will be easier to take care of it, so I want to try out different hair products and see which one will suit me best.  I've used Moroccan oil based products and I found them really nourishing and made my hair really soft.  However they are a little on the pricey side of things so I'm seeking for alternative.  This one looks good enough in terms of its ingredients and price tag.

Then my thoughts have also turned to nail care, since I wear nail polishes so often I hardly leave them alone to breath.  I really should.  So I picked up this Nail Strength Solution (£4.20) by Boots Salon Nail Care (didn't know Boots has its own brand of nail care products).  It can be worn on its own or as a base coat under coloured nail polish so yeah I'll do that and see how I get on with them!



What about you?  Did you see these in Boots at the weekend? Did you pick up anything interesting?  Do share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment