Tuesday 30 April 2013

The simplest and most effective hair treatment routine



Caudalie Divine Oil
This ONE Replenishing Treatment £3

I think I spend the littlest time on caring for my hair but I wish I had been more patience with them though.  My hair history is that, I started dying/ bleaching my hair when I was 16/17 for a good 5-6 years, the damage had been done and it's kind of semi-permanent.  Then I went on having my hair permed and straightened for a few times in the past few years until I stopped doing anything to them in the past 2 years.  The condition of my hair hasn't deteriorated but it is still not in its best condition.  Last year, I had it chopped quite a bit and I started to see a real difference - gone with the old, grow with the new!

However, this doesn't mean that I've stopped looking after my hair.  

When it comes to hair treatment, I'm either a lazy person or I would only look out for 'well-known' brand such as Toni & Guy, Charles Worthington, etc.  They are a bit expensive to my liking.  I'm yet to try other more expensive brands like Bumble & Bumble and Ojon which I have heard soooooooo much hypes about them but they don't come with a cheap price tag.

I'm glad I found something on the cheaper side but effective.

I went to Superdrug 3 weeks ago and saw a brand called This ONE on promotion, £3 for a tub of 150ml Replenishing Treatment.  I thought I would take the plunge and give this not-so-well-known hair treatment cream a whirl.



It's amazed me, it works on me!  It contains Cocoa & Shea butter and Black Oat extract, perhaps it's the black oat which does the trick?  I've used products which contain cocoa and shea butter, it works on my skin to put my moisture back but not on my hair, it would either make it greasy or just not effective.  However 'This ONE' conditioned and gave my hair treatment, without making them greasy even I am being generous with the amount I put on my hair, and I put it all over the head, not just the tips of my hair.  Now that I have fairly short hair I want to keep the whole thing conditioned!

The instruction is to use this weekly but I've been using it almost 5 times a week.  I would put them on dampened hair and leave it on for about 15mins whilst I step into the steam room after a great workout in the gym.  Rinse it off and you can really feel the difference.

It smells nice but it doesn't smell as 'chemically' as other hair treatment products.  I will definitely be repurchasing these.  They are still on sale for £3 but will go back up to £5.99 from 8 May.

To team up with my simplest and most effective hair treatment, I have a slightly more expensive product to share with you but it is worth every single penny.

It is the Caudalie Divine Oil for body, face and hair.  I first bought this which came in a set of 5 products of Caudalie kit, which I have done a review on, click here for refresh of memory!

Caudalie Divine Oil 15ml
It feels like a really luxury product.  It suggestive use is on face, body and hair but I'm not a fan of pouring (I'd prefer spraying) oil down my body nor does on my face.  So I thought, hm... interesting idea I can also put this product on my hair so I gave it a go.  OMG, the difference made was felt by me the very first time I used it.  Normally when I put oil on the ends of my hair it becomes very greasy and weighs my hair down but this Divine oil is truly divine - it puts the moisture that my hair needs and conditioned them at the same time in my very humble opinion.

I cannot describe the scent of this oil, but I would say it's an acquired taste.  Caudalie has once, twice and three times lived up to my expectation and standard!  First I love their Beauty Elixir which I still love and will love for the rest of my life, then it was their lip conditioner, now it is the Divine oil.

I am definitely going to purchase a full size bottle of this Divine oil (which is going to cost me a dear £24.30 for 100ml).  This oil and the This One hair treatment cream are the perfect combo for my hair, yay I'm so glad I found them!

What's your hair tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment