Friday 19 April 2013

Nail Collection Episode 2 - Crazy about 'nude'

From Left to Right
Barry M Gelly Hi-shine nail paint 305 Lychee £3.99
Nails inc. Limited Edition Balmoral £11
Ciate mini (5ml) 058 Cookies and Cream
Revlon Colorstay Cool Beige £7.99
Rimmel 60 seconds 500 Caramel cupcakes £3.69
You guessed it right, the second episode of my nail polish collection is all about 'Nude'.  'Nude' seems to have come back on trends for nails aside from all the spring pastel colours.

Last month, I was on the hunt for the perfect nude colour for my skin.  It proved to be not an easy task. These five nude shades have become my favourite.  Each of them have their own strengths and are pretty much similar in shades.

Here is a closer look to how it actually look on my hands (my skin tone is pretty pale with a slight yellow undertone)


As you can tell (or can't), 4 out of the 5 shades are VERY similar.  The Rimmel one (on my thumb nail) has got more of a pink shade to it which I actually really liked when I first wore it.  

Here's another angel to the 5 shades:


When they are applied on my plastic nail bars, they come out a bit differently.  
From my observation, in the order of the intensity of shades are as follow:
  • Ciate 058 Cookies & Cream
  • Barry M Gelly Hi-shine Lychee
  • Revlon Colorstay Cool Beige
  • Nails inc Balmoral
  • Rimmel 500 Caramel Cupcake
In terms of formulation and lasting power, they are also very similar.  The Barry M and Revlon one appear more 'gel like' as they have got a slightly thicker texture compared to the rest.  In terms of prices, the Rimmel one is the cheapest, followed by Barry M; and the most expensive one goes to nails.inc!

So I guess it depends on your favourite brand in nail polish, there must be something out there for you to choose!

Are you crazy about nude this season?  Which one would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. Try Revlon's Elegant 380 when you have time :) That nude works well on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ur recommendation! Will defo give it a go. I love Relvon's nail polish

    ReplyDelete