Friday 26 April 2013

Coming up Roses - The Day I met Cath Kidston


With much anticipation for over a week, I finally got to meet Cath Kidston in person.  Although, she didn't see me, nor did we talk; I was there as a little fan of hers for over 5 years.  The chance to see Cath Kidston in person was simply too good to miss.

To celebrate Cath Kidston's shops being around for 20 years, I believe she released her first autobiography, Coming up Roses.  To make things even more exciting for her 'die hard fans', she held a book signing event at Selfridges today from 5.30pm to 6.30pm.



 When I arrived at Selfridges, I could already see a long queue waiting just outside the Cath Kidston shop area.  I didn't count the number of people on the queue but it could have been 100 people there easily.


The shop assistants also handed out pink roses for each of those fans in the queue to get their books signed.  Such a lovely touch, and totally in Cath Kidston's style.


Without further ado, let me show you a couple of pictures I managed to capture of Cath Kidston!


There were so many people around her and I was so nervous I couldn't even get a glimpse of her!  I'm so pleased I met her, saw her.  She looks like such a lovely woman, appeared a bit shy but I think anyone could easily be warmed to her.


Cath Kidston, Happy Birthday - long may your shops continue to flourish!


2 comments:

  1. WAO! She sure is successful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea! She's phenomenal in the UK! Everyone loves and needs a bit of CK (not Calvin Klein but Cath Kidston) in their lives!

      Delete